Here are some facts about Digimon World Decode, in comparison to our previous translation of Re:Digitize:
– Re:Digitize on the PSP had 161 Items in total while Decode bumped this number up to astounding 424!
– While the number of obtainable Digimon in Decode is 161, the total roster of Digimon Decode consists of 217 Digimon, the exact size of Next Orders roster (And Decode doesn’t have 50 recolors!). So once again: Decodes Roster from 2013 on a 3DS can compete with a PS VITA game that came out as recently as this year!
– Unlike Re:Digitize, there are various camera angles you can choose during the battle.
– You’ll become a landlord in Decode and you can collect rent from Digimon while expanding your Mansion.
– While Re:Digitize could be comfortably cleared within 10-12 hours, Decodes Main Story takes at least 20-25 hours!
(In comparison Next Order’s story takes 8 hours tops)
– You can visit unique areas in Decode, like the Dark Area! Remember the place Etemon got sent to in Digimon Adventure? Yeah, that place!
– The Mt. Infinity is BACK! A 100 floor long challenge dungeon, with various rewards and a tough and awesome boss at the end!
– The accessory, cards and collectable fish number gut also bumped up.
– The Medals are back! Right, the iconic DW1 Medals are having their return in Decode and now there’s Bronze, Silver, Gold and even Platinum Medals!
– For the first time within a world game, the game keeps a Journal of every Evolution your Digimon went through, including Weight, Stats and everything else! You know EXACTLY how you got this Digimon.
– Unlike the previous installment, Decode let’s you play not only as the protagonist, but you get the chance to play as ALL Characters during the game. That’s right, Niko, Akiho, Mirei, Yuuya, you get to control them all! (Please keep in mind not for the whole game).
– Rina-chan joins as another protagonist. Players from Cyber Sleuth know her well. You’ll be able to play with her instead of Taiga.
– There are TONS of new areas, TONS of new side quests to explore: Including Merit Points, helping Shellmon, who is in a pickle again, drilling the Drill Tunnel with Drimogemon, mixing various potions with Wizardmon and going for a drink with Master Tyrannomon at the Master Bar!
– Decode has not online Local Multiplayer but actually ONLINE? ;) Play against your friends all over the world!
Everyone who thinks Decode is just a port! You couldn’t be more wrong ;)